Job title: Senior Residential Support Worker (Children’s Home)
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Earnings: £25,700 to £27,500* (Including 8 ‘sleep-ins’ per month)
Hours: 37 hours per week plus sleeps
Closing Date: 06/07/2020
*The earnings quoted above are including 8 sleep in shifts per month, these sleep in shifts are paid at a rate of £45 per sleep.
Hexagon are an industry leading provider of children’s residential services with 100% of our homes rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
We have a brand new ASD service opening in Hinckley and are seeking to appoint experienced children’s residential support workers and team leaders/seniors to our company.
This home is a specialist 4 bedded ASD service combining Care, Education and Therapeutic services and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Tamworth and surrounding areas.
As a Senior Residential Support Worker it is essential you have the following:
- A minimum of 24 months experience working in a children’s residential setting
- Diploma Level 3 (Children and young people/Residential Childcare or equivalent accredited qualification)
- The desire and passion to safeguard, motivate, and inspire the young people in your care
- Lead, demonstrate, and share best practice to other practitioners in your home. In addition to working closely alongside Psychologists and our specialist therapeutic services team.
- The characteristics and personality to handle challenging behaviour effectively and professionally
- Shift work including weekends, evenings & sleep in duties
- Full driving license
The benefits you can expect as a Senior Residential Support Worker working for Hexagon Care:
- Competitive rate of pay, including a progressive pay scale based on experience, qualifications, and performance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Specialist CPD certified training and accredited qualifications free of charge
- First access to other SRSW, deputy, and managerial positions in the company before these get advertised – 90% of our home manager and deputy manager positions have been appointed to internally.
- Increased annual leave for 100% attendance
- Access to free, confidential 24/7 employee assistant programme
- Cashback healthcare plan allowing you to claim back on medical, dental and similar appointments
- Free meals, snacks and drinks on shift for all residential staff.
- Free parking.