Registered Home Manager
Leawood – Kendal
Earnings: £34,100 to £40,100 dependent on qualifications and experience
Closing date: 07/10/2019
Main Purpose of Job
To effectively and efficiently manage the home. To work within and ensure effective delivery of the main responsibilities and key result areas identified within the role of a manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To actively safeguard and promote the welfare of the child.
- Act as the Designated Officer for safeguarding and child protection within the service
- To report immediately any unsafe practices and conditions.
- Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
- Take the lead in ensuring an open culture is created, one in which children feel that they can complain and that they are listened to.
- Take the lead role in consultation with children/young people, families and professionals.
- Ensure effective delivery of individual care planning requirements for children.
- Ensure that staff are aware of the individual needs of all young people and deliver the support required to ensure life chance opportunities and positive holistic development.
- Develop and make known to staff a variety of intervention strategies regarding behaviour management and the promotion of pro-social behaviour. In order that children can develop coping mechanisms and changes in patterns negative of behaviour.
- Provide staff with sufficient information that ensures they understand the role of a key worker and devise monitoring systems, which will ensure this is delivered to a high standard.
- Take the lead in ensuring meetings and reviews of children and staff are delivered within required time scales.
- Take overall responsibility for all staff, delegating effectively and appropriately.
- Ensure all staff are aware of their responsibilities in relation to adherence of policies, both in the home, the organisation and those set out in Children’s Legislation and Regulations.
- Promote and actively encourage the professional development of staff.
- Directly deliver supervision to identified members of staff and regularly appraise performance as outlined in company policy.
- Ensure the home has sufficient and varied information which is accessible to all regarding access to support agencies that will promote the health and well-being of children in placement.
- Ensure that a robust process of internal monitoring and critical reflection is maintained with a view to complying with regulation and the continual development of the service and the organisation as a whole.
- Ensure that the home functions in such a manner that staff and children understand, recognise and celebrate the diversity of cultures and beliefs within the local and wider community.
- Manage and monitor labour costs, staffing structures and rota’s, ensuring they meet requirements of the children’s needs and are in line with allocated labour budgets.
- Complete the administration of financial, payroll and staffing related matters in the home within the prescribed time scales. • Work in collaboration with Human Resources to manage all employee relations within the home, in line with current employment legislation and the company’s policies and procedures.
- Work within the code of confidentiality and ensure that records in the home are stored and held in a manner which is compliant with regulations.
- Ensure that all administrative requirements of the home are maintained in such a way that they are compliant with good childcare practice, homes procedures, company policies and children’s regulations.
- Produce, co-ordinate and edit reports to ensure they are delivered to a high standard.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Work in partnership with families, local authorities and external agencies.
- At all times promote and ensure anti discriminatory practice.
- Undertake and participate in any required training programmes which are relevant to the employment of staff working in children services, paying particular regard to residential care and the management role.
- You must co-operate with the Company in complying with the Health and Safety requirements and are therefore expected to follow Company policies, to acquaint yourself with the Fire, Health and Safety Procedures at your place of work and carry out relevant risk assessments of unsafe practices and conditions that present a safety risk.
- Some shift work which includes evening and weekend working plus on-call duties.
- Provide cover to other homes when required.
The post holder may be reasonably expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time.
The company supports Equal Opportunities in Employment and opposes all forms of unlawful discrimination on grounds such as colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age. You are expected to comply at all times to the Company EO Policy and Guide to Equality document.
The above job description forms part of your Main Terms and Conditions of Employment. The Company reserves the right to vary duties and responsibilities at anytime.